In Health and Career Education, we have been studying nutrition. As part of this unit, each student has been asked to find a healthy recipe and try it out at home! After testing the recipe, students need to post the recipe and a review of it on their individual blogs. (Don't forget to write where the recipe came from!) Below is an example of the type of post that would be "fully meeting" expectations. Blog posts must be submitted by Monday, February 18 at 8:00 p.m. Happy cooking!
Wake Up Smoothie
1 1/4 cups orange juice
1 1/4 cups frozen berries (such as raspberries, strawberries or blueberries)
1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
Total time: 5 minutes
Makes: 3 servings, 1 cup each
Recipe from: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/wake_up_smoothie.html
My Recipe Review
1) Be careful measuring the ingredients so they don't overflow.
2) Make sure that the blender lid is on tightly before blending or you will have smoothie all over your kitchen!
For the berries, I used strawberries because they are one of my favourite fruits. I loved this smoothie because it tasted sort of like a milkshake, but I know it's healthy for me! My mom and dad liked the taste of it too, and they liked that it was quick to prepare in the morning. They also liked the fact that it was a yummy way of eating more servings of fruit. I would definitely make this recipe again! Next time, I might try adding different kinds of berries.
To add photos to your Kidblog post:
1) Click on "Upload/Insert Media" near the top of the post.
2) Click on "Select Files" in the box that pops up.
3) Choose the folder where your photos are (On my computer I choose "My Documents" then "My Pictures", but it depends where you store your photos).
4) Click on the photo you want to upload, and click "Open".
5) The photo will load. When it's done, click on "Insert into Post" button at the bottom of the page.
6) You can then type above or below the photo to write the rest of your post.